Aim For The Head
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Annnnd one last time
Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:18 pm by Thr33

» I have to do it again
Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:17 pm by Thr33

» League of Legends thing
Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:17 pm by Thr33

» No chances(open)
Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:23 am by Bludgeoneer

» Rachel Way Wrench(wip)
Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 pm by Paige Baase

» Angelica Neo Valerm (wip)
Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:23 pm by Paige Baase

» Edward Nole Valerm (wip)
Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:14 pm by Paige Baase

» Daniel Melcorn (wip)
Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:10 pm by Paige Baase

» Keeping the Faith (Paige then open)
Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:50 pm by Paige Baase

Keeping the Faith (Paige then open)

2 posters

Go down

Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) Empty Keeping the Faith (Paige then open)

Post by Thr33 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:01 am

After Paige had been reunited with her brother, the group stuck around town for a while, searching for a vehicle that was in good enough shape to take on a potentially long trip and siphoning plenty of gas. It has been a week since the walkers came and the city was already completely transformed. Dust was everywhere. Lawns were growing long. Silence filled the streets when the walkers' moans and grunts weren't filling them. Nature seemed to be overtaking what man had made and the world seemed to be embracing the change with greener grass, more birds and far more beautiful, untamed landscapes. When Grant had a moment to just take it in, it really was inspiring...those moments usually didn't last long though as they had to be on the run most of the time while in the town. Finally it was time to leave and find Grant's family.

They loaded the truck quickly and early. Saying their goodbyes to the bomb shelter wasn't too hard for Grant, with it being cold and dank most of the time. Terrible conditions if they wanted to avoid mold, which was what happened to the rest of their food. They had to leave out of necessity along with their promise to Grant. Paige called shotgun as they headed off to the old dirt road, through the plains and along the woods, Steven hanging on in the back.

A tree. A bush. A cloud. A squirrel.

It seemed odd that the ride was almost exactly the same as a week ago. Nice...and boring. He was really wishing the radio stations were still working but they had checked the frequencies and everything was currently off line. The ride was supposed to be just a couple hours away from Riley, but something seemed to just make it drag on. As they drove, however, a scream emerged from the forest on the side of the road. Grant's head jerked towards the forest ahead of them as a man emerged, an arm bloody and limp as he waved and yelled with his opposite hand. Behind him emerged dozens of walkers, hungry and surrounding him as he stumbled, distracted from the pain in his arm, most likely.

"Help! HELP! AYUDAME! HELP!"

Grant thought quickly. He was in trouble. It probably wasn't a trick and he could tell that the wound was genuine. They had to help him. He turned quickly to yell out the back window to Steven as he drove off road, closer to the man. He drove by to try and grab him quickly.

"Steven! Help him up!"
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

https://aimforthehead.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) Empty Re: Keeping the Faith (Paige then open)

Post by Paige Baase Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:27 am

Paige finished loading the car smiling as she called shotgun her brother playfully accusing her of taking it last time to help her feel like it was back before the walkers. her brother hopped in the back and kept an eye on the food as they drove.

Paige points out a squirrel excitedly saying something about how flying squirrels don't fly they just glide through the air which was the only thing she retained from 2nd grade. Paige also pointed out that she hadn't see one in what felt like years.

Paige then started a discussion with her brother about how they should call the walkers something more cool like Yami which in Japanese ment dark. But all that came from that discussion was her brother making fun of her for being obsessed with Japaneses stuff which then lead to her stating a conversation on katanas and how useful they could be on walkers.

Paige's conversation with her brother was stopped by some guy yelling for help while being attacked by walkers. "Just leave him!" Paige shouted at grant but it was too late Grant had already pulled off the road. Steven hops out of the car and paige gets out as well to back up her brother.

The siblings kicked and punched some walkers away as they ran back to the car steven pulling the man in the trunk with him. Once grant would drive off paige would shout to steven. "Is he bit or scratched?!" Steven looks the man over "I'm checking now!" the two acted like this was normal proceger to do.
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Keeping the Faith (Paige then open) Empty Re: Keeping the Faith (Paige then open)

Post by Thr33 Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:01 am

Knowing that Paige would probably try to leave the man behind, Grant let out a sigh of relief as she helped her brother bring him into the truck. He slammed on the gas and made it away, the walkers wailing in anger as they were unable to keep up.

"Muchas gracias senores...muchas gracias..." The man spoke, out of breath before Steven and Paige began examining his wound.

"Don't worry..." The man spoke, leaning his head back, closing his eyes calmly. "None of the sinners got me...It was from an axe...it fell on me as I was escaping them..." As he spoke, a heavy Spanish accent bled through his words.

"I owe you all a debt of gratitude senores..." He let his head fall to the side, sleep seeming to almost take him over. "My name is Ray..."

"Don't let him fall asleep!" Grant yelled to the back as he listened in on the conversation. "I need to look over him; try to treat his wounds; we don't know exactly what's wrong yet. It could be a number of things!"

Grant drove for a few more miles, far enough to be sure they were away from the droves of walkers and pulled off into an alfalfa field. He jumped out and got Ray to sit up on the edge of the truck. He was wearing a black tank top, so the wound was open to view.

"Well...it's not too deep, but we've gotta make sure it doesn't get infected..."

He ran into the driver's seat and emerged with a cigarette lighter. "This is going to hurt...a lot." He said frankly.

Ray nodded and looked away as Grant began cauterizing the wound. After he spanned the whole area, he grabbed the cooler which had been emptied of all of the moldy food and grabbed some ice and a bottled water from the cooler. He snapped open the bottle and poured it over the wound, creating a sizzling noise and a stream of steam.

"Alright, holding this ice on the wound until the pain dulls down..."

"Gracias...gracias hombre de Dios..." He spoke quickly, not that speaking any slower would have helped Grant understand the language he'd almost had no experience with.
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Baase Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:47 am

Paige exhaled in relief when she heard that it was only an axe wound and her brother nodded to confirm it. Steven takes off his hoodie tieing it tiely on his arm to slow the bleeding. Tapinf him on the cheek to wake him up "wake up cutie it's not nap time yet."

As grant pulled over paige got out of the truck heading to the back as steven takes his jacket off the mans arm so grant could look over the wound helping grant sit up ray. Steven holds his jacket under where grant was pouring the water so he could try and reuse some of the water to get some of the blood off his jacket not wanting to carry around a bloody jacket.

Paige sighed when ray spoke in spanish an steven looked to he saying to her to just act normal aka no tough love needed. Paige walks up to ray and gets down to eye level with ray speaking in a surprisingly nice tone holding her stuffed animal close to her with the hand she normally held her skate board with which was up back in her seat.

"Look Ray I only know a few words in french from when i failed out of french class and a few things in Japanese I got from subbed anime, my brother Steven who was in the trunck with you knows only english and so does the driver Grant. So in other words non of us can under stand you when you speak Spanish so if you would please do your best to refrain from speaking in other languages other than english so we can under stand you that would be great."

Steven places a hand on Paiges should smiling to her as she smiles back as to say thank you to her for being nice and to say thank you for noticing to him. Clearly Steven brought the good side out of Paige or at least was the only one to get her to act the way she did or usually did before all this happened.
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Post by Thr33 Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:40 pm

"Lo sientos...ahem...I mean, uh, sorry. It's...the way I speak..."

The man was large and had an intimidating figure, but smiled large and sincerely, making him look like he wouldn't harm a fly. "I thought I was a goner for sure back there, but I was delivered by his messengers...thank you! Gracias! Thank you!" He wore the same large smile as he rested his hand on Paige's shoulder, then Steven's, then Grant's.

"Well, I'm thinking your arm should heal up okay as long as you wrap it up and change it every few hours..." Grant spoke, crossing his arms.

As they sat in the clearing, the sun hung lazily in the sky. "It's getting late." Ray spoke up, looking at the sky. "You all can stay at our camp for tonight. It's close by and you all really should find a safe spot to rest before it gets too dark. The sinners seem to want to roam freely once the lights go out."

Grant looked to Paige and Steven for a moment, unsure what they'd think before a thought occurred to him. "You keep saying 'sinners'...is that what you call the walkers?" He wondered aloud.

Ray looked surprised at the question. "Oh! ...I thought it was obvious...The zombie-like beings roaming the earth today are the damned...the lost...sinners. I'm sorry, but, I assumed everyone knew. It foretells it in the good book, you know." He looked at the three and leaned in, as if telling a secret. "We are living in the end of days..."
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Baase Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 pm

A thank you, a camp just in time with other people where it's safe. Paige knew things would turn into the land of milk and cookies once she was with her brother. Paige stands up looking to steven who nods to her and she nods to grant before looking to Ray.

"just give us the directions and well head over there." Paige said while standing up. Ray then explained the sinners and paige grins. [color:fd39=3333ff]"I call them Yamis" Steven sighs rolling his eyes.

"no you don't you just want to to sound cool "what would you suggest we call them nuns? Paige said mocking her brother the two sounding finally like real siblings.

"Oh ha ha I have good reason for fearing those chicks." He said placing his hands on his hips "well so do i but you don't see me freaking out of them." she says putting hand on her hips "Well at least I don't hiss and pretend to be burning alive when ever we walk by a chuch and use the escuse I'll burn if i go to church to not have to go with our friends.

"Your right you don't you just wait until we get inside or near a bible." The two glare at each other before bursting into laughter almost as if they have forgotten all about the walkers and such by remembering old times. They stopped laughing in time to hear what ray said about the last days and Paige looks down.

Steven hugs her a little as paige hugs her stuffed animal as she remembers once again that this wasn't the old days walkers were here in this time. "don't worry they'll find a cure...." Paige rests her head on his shoulder. "what if they dont.....?" "Then we'll kick the walkers butts and out live them."
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Post by Thr33 Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:32 am

Grant just stood, smiling at the siblings' conversation until the mood turned more somber. "Right. All we have to do is out live the dead. I can't think of an easier thing..." He spoke sardonically as he nodded to the group, popped up the tailgate and jumped back into the driver's seat.

He slid open the window so that he could speak to Ray in the back and waited for Steven and Paige to find their spots before starting the engine again. Ray calmly directed them through the dirt roads and leading them deeper into the forested area, laughing and telling jokes every once in a while, just thankful to be alive.

As the group headed deeper into the forest, the sun seemed to struggle to peek through the trees above them. The birds were loud and the wildlife seemed unafraid to make noises, as if they'd found a little haven that the walkers hadn't quite noticed, although there didn't seem to be a real reason why walkers would ignore the area.

"Alla, por favor," Ray spoke with a small smile, pointing through the window, speaking to Grant. "That bridge will lead you the rest of the way. We've been staying at the church. A beautiful little white chapel. There are about twenty others. We've got a healthy community running and we'd be happy to help you all out!"

The truck wheeled around the curved dirt road and Grant slowed down as he looked closer at the bridge. It was rather long and seemed old but appeared perfectly sturdy as it supported the truck without any creaks. The bridge branched over a large ravine, over which there was a strong gushing stream.

"This place is...perfect..." Grant thought out loud, smiling softly. The church still wasn't in sight, but he sensed that it was just as peaceful as the rest of the forest. He had helped Paige find her brother, and now maybe he found a place for them to live happily until everything got sorted out.
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Baase Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Paige claimed down and took her seat back up front and steven took his seat by Ray in the back. Paige stared out the window not really saying much or even laughing at the jokes now not really in the mood to do long trips time passers.

Steven looked to paige and paige to steven. "uh oh paige a church we better put on some sunscreen." he said with a smile to try and cheer paige up. Paige smiles a little "sorry steve all out well just have to carry some water bottles just in case"

as they pulled up and came to a stop paige hops out of the truck with her skate board in one hand her stuffed animal in the other. "yeah it's nice..." "for a church." Paige and steven smiles at each other.
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down