Aim For The Head
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Annnnd one last time
Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:18 pm by Thr33

» I have to do it again
Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:17 pm by Thr33

» League of Legends thing
Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:17 pm by Thr33

» No chances(open)
Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:23 am by Bludgeoneer

» Rachel Way Wrench(wip)
Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 pm by Paige Baase

» Angelica Neo Valerm (wip)
Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:23 pm by Paige Baase

» Edward Nole Valerm (wip)
Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:14 pm by Paige Baase

» Daniel Melcorn (wip)
Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:10 pm by Paige Baase

» Keeping the Faith (Paige then open)
Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:50 pm by Paige Baase

Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open)

2 posters

Go down

Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) Empty Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open)

Post by Paige Baase Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:02 pm

Paige turned on her ipod for light dimly lighting the room. Paige slowly opened her eyes but continued to lay on the ground for a while just thinking. Paige did this every morning as if to re register what has happened for the past 4 days now. Paige holds in tears remembering once again that this wasn't a nightmare her parents really were dead, walkers were truly real, and her brother was gone. To her the hope that her brother would finder her seemed to be the only thing keeping her going.

Paige slowly sits up once again re registering everything and thinking out how much food to eat for breakfast it now having to by her calculations be smaller now that there was two of them in order to make the food last as long as it could. Paige looks at the sleeping grant and walks over to the cooler of food opening it up. Paige pulls out a big carrot and snaps it in half walking over to Grant nudging him with her food until he woke up.

Paige holds one half of the carrot out to him with a dull expression. "Here's breakfast.... you not getting anything else so don't ask." Paige took a bite of her carrot pulling out one of her ipods and a portable mini speaker plugging it into the ipod getting to a playlist on it. "The guy i stole this ipod from was a major zombie fanatic so luckily he had many zombie movies sound effects. But my personal favorite and best bandit scare crow would be the zombie moans."

She clicks play realistic zombie moans come from the speaker as she adjusts the volume to a realistic level and hid the speaker and turned off the light on the ipod that b=played the sound effects by using the light from another. "I sometimes do this when heading out and when i have important stuff in the shelter so no one is tempted to come in."
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open) Empty Re: Family Reunion (Thr33 & Open)

Post by Thr33 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:18 pm

"Ugh," Grant grunted, rolling onto his side as a kick in his stomach was his pleasant awakening. He lay motionless as a carrot landed on him, it being offered by Paige.

He brought himself up to a sitting position and squinted, examining the carrot. "Are you sure? I gave this food to you for helping me out. I have plenty more back at the bar." He explained briefly. He was very hungry but he didn't want to hinder Paige in any way.

He brought himself to his feet and stretched for a moment as Paige spoke. "You're leaving?" He asked for further clarification. He thought that maybe she was going to patrol the city for her brother so he continued. "I'll tell you what. If you help me secure the bar, you know, repair the windows and stuff, I'll help you patrol the city for your brother. I'd feel better if it was all locked up so that our stash is safe once the cooler is empty."

Grant still needed to find his family and see if they were okay, but, he couldn't leave her alone when he knew he could help. It was...in his nature he supposed. Plus, he wasn't the only man in the house. He was sure that his father could take care of the girls until he made it back.

"So, what do ya say?" He held a firm hand forward for a shake. "Do we have a deal?"
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

https://aimforthehead.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Baase Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Paige rolls her eyes at the fact once again grant was trying to be a manly man who can't take help from a teenage girl. "Just eat the damn carrot..." She says in a slightly annoyed tone. Paige gave him a confused look taking another bite. "Our stash? Didn't you just finish saying that you gave me this food and that you had plenty back at the bar? because I kinda would figure that would imply that that's your stash not ours."

He then continued on and she shrugged. "What ever I guess..." paige said walking over to him shaking his hand then walks over to the bed making sure she had all her stuff grabbing her skateboard. She then walked up to the door pausing it before opening. "Do you have any family members you need to see?"

Paige only wondered this because she didn't want to keep this guy from his family to help her find hers when she had it handled or well as much as some one could considering her situation. She would turn off her ipod and open the door after his answer to head out side. q
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Post by Thr33 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Biting his lip for a moment, Grant tossed his carrot on the bed after shaking her hand. "You know what Paige? You need to learn to value someone's thought process other than yours and stop being such an a$$ all the time." He spoke calmly and frankly while still giving off a slightly harsh tone.

He didn't know who was raising this girl or why she was so bitter, but wasn't just going to let her call him stupid over and over while he just sat there afraid to talk. "Sometimes, if someone offers to help you, maybe you should just worry about yourself."

Grant knew he was risking making her explode, but he was starting to not care. She would either hate him more, or respect him a little more for standing up for himself. Either way, he had a feeling that she didn't get yelled at very much. You can only smack talk someone so many times before they would bite back. He was still intending on helping her find her brother because he wanted to make sure she had someone before he left, but he was starting to think that they had better split up sooner rather than later.

"I'm sorry...I just had to say something if we're going to be around each other for awhile."

He folded his arms to wait for the following wrath of Paige that was sure to follow. He just decided he'd have to try to endure through it and get them to go on their way.
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Baase Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Paige clenches her fist as he said the first part. How could he say that? Maybe he should learn to look into thing a bit more before-... wait what was she doing just thinking this? Paige takes her skateboard and hits him in the face with it but only enough to bruise not wanting to draw any blood and attract walkers. She then kicked him out the door walking out shutting it behind her and sits on him so he couldn't get up and held his head with her free hand to keep him looking at her.

"maybe you should have all the facts before assuming shit like a little bitch." she said in a yelling like tone but spoke in a talking one not to attract walkers. "I do take other peoples thoughts into consideration I do take help from others. I look at your thought process and see a nice guy who would help anyone, I see someone who would starve in order to help a stranger."

Her eyes get a bit tear. "I see Timmy..." Tears roll down her face remembering her father who she called Timmy his first name. Unlike most kids it wasn't out of disrespect that she called him that but out of saying hey your like a really good friend so I'll call you by your name like any friend would. "If you go out there in the world.... the way it is now... you wont last too long... and you would be taken advantage of so much from your kindess.."

One of her tears fall onto his cheek as she tried to continue. "I yell at you and I try to be mean to you so you can learn from your mistakes now with me rather than from someone who would have killed you by now.... Hell I would have if you didn't remind me so much of Timmy..." She slowly gets up wiping her tears with her hand.

"Lets just go already.... this is pointless..." She said making her face expression dull again as she wipes off the last tear and begins to head for the bar. not even waiting on Grant to catch up with her.
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Post by Thr33 Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Falling on his butt as Paige hit him in the face with her skateboard, he widened his eyes as he listened to the girl vent. He seemed to really trigger something when he chewed her out, but he had no idea that it would be anything like this. A couple of times, he tried to get a few words in but she just kept on going, like she was a time bomb that just went off and she was giving him everything she had.

She finished her rant with a face full of tears as she left Grant's side. He sat there silently for a moment, letting Paige walk ahead a few steps. He got to his feet and brushed off his jeans before turning to her direction and jogging to catch up. He softly placed his hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, I really am, but...this isn't pointless. Everything that we can get as an asset will help us and...I'm not going to leave you alone..." He spoke, making a promise to her and to himself. "I have a feeling that people that are willing to help each other are in...short supply these days so...I'm thinking that we need to stick together and, well, this seems like as good a place as any to start."

He tried to speak as comforting as possible, but he knew he wasn't necessarily adept at that front. He tried hurrying his pace so that the girl would be a little behind him and he took a deep breath, hoping he'd said the right thing. It was strange. He never had this much trouble relating to his sister and yet...he had a feeling that Paige wasn't much like his sister.

They kept moving until Grant could see an outline of the bar in the horizon when he saw the outline of a man patrolling the area with a rifle. "Paige! People!" He whispered urgently behind him to the girl as he ducked behind an abandoned vehicle and tried spying on the patrolman through the window. What were they going to do!? He had no idea how to find out if they were friendly or if they would shoot them on sight.
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Baase Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:05 am

Paige kept walking trying to ignore Grant only because everything he said would be what she thought her father would and she didn't want to think about him right now because id she did she would cry again and she didn't want that. He placed a hand on her shoulder and she glared at him her eyes still watery. "Don't touch me!"

She talked in a threatening tone that was close to yelling but not quite there yet. Paige didn't know what to feel right now, angry, sad, happy, relief, annoyed that Grant was trying to walk in front of her making her eyebrow twice a little from annoyance.

Paige saw the man patrolling but before she could say anything Grant beat her to it. Paige hind behind the car pulling out a pistol and aims it over in the general direction of the trash can she could barely see from the alley and whispers the plan.

"I'm go shoot that trash can to distract them when I do duck as I fire wait about 6 or 7 seconds for when they look over then while they check out the trash can... wait no that as bad idea because then the walkers would come."

Paige groans a little thinking. "Why do i keep forgetting to add in the idea of walkers... ok new plan we try and go up to get a closer look and try a sneak attack and kill them" Paige had seen these guys before loot from buildings and no doubt they were looting their food and if these guys were bandits they would kill them most likely on sight and take the food.
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Post by Thr33 Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:32 am

"Whoa calm down! We don't have to kill them, do we?" He retorted quickly. "If we just decide that we're going to go around and kill everyone we see, how could we ever expect anyone to be watching our...um..."

Grant's eyes widened as he'd look up from behind Paige. He slowly stood up and rose his hands above his head to show that he meant no harm. As Paige would look, she'd see four bandit looking men, all with rifles aimed at the two of them.

"Come with us." Said the tallest man in a gruff, unrealistically low voice behind a bandanna that was covering his face.

"Dammit..." Grant would say under his breath as one man guided him with his rifle.

The man directed him through the cars in front of the bar that was filled with dozens of rough looking men, staring at him intensely while sharpening their knives and drinking ale. The man directed him through the bar door, now broken down and directed him towards a man that had turned a few of the tables into a makeshift throne of sorts.

"My client here says that he saw your little duo coming from this fine establishment with a cooler full of food yesterday night. So, here's the deal. Either you don't let us in the freezer, and we kill you or...you let us in the freezer...then we kill you anyway..." The man smiled, sinister as he stared into Grant's eyes..

He froze for a moment. How were they going to get out of this now? The key was in his pocket right then. He could feel it burning into his thigh. But...he couldn't give it away...all he could do is maybe buy them time.

"Um. I'd give you the key but...I don't have it!" He explained, thinking quickly. "It's in the alley outside somewhere though. I think I dropped it..."

The man frowned and whispered to a man next to him who ran outside. The tall man that had guided him in smiled and approached him with a large knife.

"Not yet!" The leader interrupted him just in time. "If he's lying, then we still need them."

The tall man frowned and nodded, moving over to the two and grabbed some rope from the ground and started tying them to chairs. Once they were bound fairly tightly, the leader left the room to speak to his troops, leaving the tall man to the front door, to guard them.

"Crap, now what?" Grant whispered to Paige.
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Baase Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:09 am

Paige made the mistake of looking at grant as he spoke clearly he had a lot to learn especially bandits. Paige could feel them behind her and didn't move well looked like it but she hid her pistol back in her boot while seeing grant stand and raise his hands. They then ordered them to go with them and Paige spoke in an annoyed angry voice. "Fuck no."

One of the bandits yanks her up by the arm to stand and shove her forward making her walk forward by jabbing her in the back with his gun. "I aint your prom date so quit poking me."
"shut up!" the one that was jabbing her yells at her.

Paige mocked the men as they entered when they gave her that can't wait til you know what look flipping a few off causing the man behind her to hit her in the back with the butt of his gun. "Knock it off Emo girl" "i'm goth dumb ass!" "Do I look like i give a shit? now knock it off!"

As they enter paige gains a sarcastic tone "Oooo a throne how original and non dumb assy you look king fuck tard." The guy behind her hits her hard on the head making her fall to the ground making her ears ring vision blurry for a second and her head ache. He picks her up and pushes her to stand next to Grant as the man spoke.

Paige was about to insult the bandits again but one of the guys held a knife to her throat and she decided it was best not to comment this time. She then was tied to a chair and grant whispered to her. Paige didn't say a word she was already working on her own plan.

Paige gave the tall man flirtatious looks which caused him to come over grinning. He was about to speak but she shhed him quietly and gently and flirty like. and whispers in a very flirty tone. "hey I saw you looking at me I bet their aren't many girls in your group... you must be veeery lonely and lucky for you I have been too. So how you untie me and-"

The man hits her very hard on the side of the face making her spit blood. "Shut up!" he said as he walks back to where he was mumbling something about not being that stupid. Paige then whispers to grant as the king guy comes back. "Well I'm out of ideas.... and we are out of ti-"

A toy car drives into the bar with a tin can tired to it by grey ear buds. Every one looked at the car before hearing the walkers that poured into the bar. The car dries up to paige's foot and stops making paige hold back tears of joy while the bandits fought off the walkers. Paige then wiggled a bit as quickly as she could to get her Swiss army knife and cut her self free.

A walker came up to her and she stabs it in the head making it fall over before cutting grant loose. Paige puts her knife away grabbing her skate board and the toy car. Paige grabs grant by the arm and runs out of the bar. barely dodging some walkers.

After a while of running the toy cars wheels begin to wiggle and paige stops running. Paige places the car down and it drives off pulling grant not saying a word smiling as if to say to follow the car that they would need to run to keep up with.
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Post by Thr33 Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm

After awhile of being tied up, Grant began to wonder what he'd do when the other bandits would come back for answers. Paige seemed to have an idea herself by trying to seduce the guard. It was a good idea, but he didn't think that usually worked with goth chicks. He couldn't help but smirk for a second as she got shut down. He could tell by the impact that it would leave no lasting effect, so he didn't have to feel guilty about that either.

Moments passed when the car rolled in. Grant stared at it, amazingly confused along with the guards, and even more confused because Paige seemed to just remember a hilarious joke or something. Didn't she remember that they were on the brink of death!?

Then the walkers came. At first there was one trying to enter the bar...then five...and then it seemed like fifty. The bandits began to rush into action and fight back...but as one would go down...two seemed to replace it. Grant was far more terrified of those things. The bandits were human. They were evil...but they were human. The walkers...Grant had no idea what they were. Why they do what they do? How they can even exist...and yet...they're there.

As he stared in awe, he felt himself freed from his binds. He looked over as Paige grabbed his arm and started guiding them straight through the skirmish. Everywhere there were men losing their lives as walkers tackled them to the ground, right next to the dead's heads bursting from gun shots. It was horrific. Scarring. Insanity.

At one point though, a bandit walked between the two's connection and knocked them loose from each other. Grant fell on the ground and tripped the bandit of his own body, on top of him. Grant tried scrambling to his feet, but the weight of the bandit was too much as the man dropped his rifle because of contact with the ground. A vicious walker attacked the man and began stabbing his teeth into the man's neck. The man shrieked in pain as life left him, his body jolting slightly into the air, allowing Grant to struggle free.

He dove over to the rifle and swung it into the head of the mindless creature, rendering it immobile. Grant quickly got to his feet, clutching the weapon tightly as if it was a long lost love. He scrambled, breathing heavily from the stress as he caught up to Paige.

"Crap, it's insane back there!!! WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?" He yelled as they ran, now seeming to follow the car.

Paige still seemed extremely confident and annoyingly silent. He kept his rifle ready to take down any walkers and, if needed, one of those bandits. He still didn't like the idea of killing a person but, if needed, he could handle it. The rush of the escape fueling him, he began to almost smile. The thrill of the run and Paige's confidence almost made it exciting. Well, at least he pretended to be excited to cover up the pure insanity of the situation.

As they made it far enough away so that the moans and gunfire dulled down, Grant came to a realization. "You know who's behind this, don't you?" He asked with a smile.
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Baase Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Paige ignored Grant as she ran smiling. Paige knew who it was alright and it was a dream come true for her. Paige slowed down or at least it felt like that as a boy who looked just as goth as her walk out grabbing the toy car his belly seeming oddly shaped and big.

Paige ran up to him and giving him a big hug smiling as he hugged her bag smiling as well both of them cry. They held the hug for a little while before letting go. He pulled out a stuffed animal that looked like a bunny, mixed with a bear, and a dog with no tail and looked very old and kinda dirty.

Paige cover her mouth looking at him before taking the stuffed animal hugging it then the boy again. The boy looks up to see Grant after kissing Paiges head to tell her to let go before she let go slowly. The boy walks up to Grant hand holds out his hand. "Hey I'm Steven the weirdo peanut's brother" Paige whispers to him. "I thought i said not to call me that in front of others!"
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Post by Thr33 Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:52 pm

A figure appeared in the street as the two continued to run, making Grant hoist the rifle up slightly, in case the visitor wasn't friendly. But, as Paige kept running and the boy picked up the car, Grant got the picture and lowered his scope.

He slowed his pace to a walk as Paige ran over to greet the individual, hugging him and everything. Grant triggered what he had thought to be the safety and used the strap to hold it around his back, as he approached the two, scratching the back of his head, feeling like a third wheel.

The boy happily introduced himself as peanut's brother, soon, causing a smirk to appear on his face. "Peanuts, eh?" He started, laughing slightly. "Thanks for the help back there, man. I'm Grant. Your sister sure has a good head on her shoulders..."

He shook his hand for a moment before taking a step back to let the two catch up. Well, there they were. A family together again. They should be safe together, with their combined knowledge. He slowly backed up and turned to start walking down the road. He'd need to find a way to get some mode of transportation...he was too far away to walk and make it in the same day and...he had his own family to return to. It made him happy to see Steven and Paige reunited and...he had to believe that the same could happen with him.
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Baase Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:46 am

"You know peanut as in peanut butter aka PB" He said grinning glancing back at a slightly annoyed Paige who crossed her arms while holing her stuffed animal. Steven looks back over at Grant smiling removing his head phones from the toy car and tin can tossing the toy car and controller away. "Well I couldn't let my sister die nor a hot guy so i figured why not help."

Steven shrugs as he looks back at a slightly teary eyed Paige and walks over to her. "Hey I'm here now you don't have to worry ok Peanut?" Paige hugs hug once more before wiping her eyes Paige looks to see grant and runs over to him grabbing his writs to stop him holding her stuffed animal with her other hand.

Paige gave him a serious look. "Hey you didn't expect me to ditch such a clear cry for help after I found my brother did you?" Her brother walks up with his hands in his pockets smiling as she crosses her arms while holding her stuffed animal. "Clearly you'd die with out me from looking at past events so I won't let you run off until we find you some sort of family to."

She points at him "No ifs ands or buts got it." she said as if ordering him giving him a very serious look. "and besides you can't go on foot." Steven laughs a little "yeah and im sure miss klepto here can hotwire a car for us for better travel so what do you say Grant want to hang with 2 miss fits a little while longer?"
Paige Baase
Paige Baase

Back to top Go down

Post by Thr33 Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:44 pm

With a slightly confused smirk as Steven called him hot, Grant gave a silent sigh of relief as the two offered to help him get back home. "Right, you two would probably get stuck in a ditch if I wasn't around." He joked.

As Paige grabbed his wrists, Grant looked down for a moment. "Thank you...for everything."

It was getting dark and he didn't feel confident surviving in this world when he couldn't see anything, so he nodded to them to let them know that he thought they should get going. This new world was different...scary and unpredictable but, he knew one thing for sure...this was the first time he actually felt kind of safe since he woke up in that bar.

"There's a long road ahead..."

(END)
Thr33
Thr33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum